What is a Learning Management System?
Learning Management System (LMS) is one of the more recent terms associated with a long list of programs designed to help with technology based learning. Past names for this type of system include Computer Based Instruction (CBI), Computer Assisted or Aided Instruction (CAI), Computer Assisted or Aided Learning (CAL), Integrated Learning System (ILS), Course Management Systems (CMS), Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), and Learning Content or Course Management System (LCMS). A short list of those tasks included:
- Enrolling learners into classes
- Delivering class materials
- Accepting learner/user generated materials
- Scoring activities electronically
- Maintaining assignment scores electronically and/or teacher scored
- Tracking learner progress
- Providing learner collaboration platforms
Schools and business use LMSs to conduct online training, take applications, and provide compliance training.
|Learning Management System Consulting||Learning Management System Training|